Friday, July 4, 2008

Misty Mountains Jacket

Last night I grabbed my usual nighttime reading, a crochet magazine, looked at all the patterns again for the umpteenth time, and realized that I hadn't made any of them. This magazine has been sitting on my bedside table for (excuse me while I count...) nine months now, so I said to myself, "It's time to make SOMETHING from this magazine so it wasn't a complete waste of money."

I picked out a pattern for a short-sleeved jacket. It called for a summery cotton-blend. Of course, I didn't happen to have a summery cotton blend, but I did have some Moda Dea Dream calling out to me from under my bed. Not exactly a match, (!) but it was worsted weight, and the pattern called for worsted, and I had to start right then, of course. Shortly after I began I realized that I wouldn't have quite enough lavender, so I added a stripe of misty blue for good measure. After I finished I asked my mom, a far superior seamstress than me, to set in the sleeves (I know, I'm lazy). Aren't mothers wonderful??? And it turned out pretty well. As a matter of fact, I'm thrilled with the way it turned out. Trust me, this looks way better in real life. Truly it does. I'm going to try to upload some less unflattering pics later. By the way, I would say that this was a super quick project - I started it last night and put the final touches on it this afternoon - but it's pretty much all I've done all day. I was up until 1:30am this morning working on it, and then all day today since about 11:00. Yeah, until college starts, I have no life. More knitting/blogging/Ravelry time, and tired hands, but no life. I can't wait for college to start. Classes. Societies. Stuff to do. Papers to write. I thrive on being busy, and this waiting stuff is hard! Maybe I'll knit and crochet myself an entire new wardrobe in the next few weeks. There's a thought. A whole new wardrobe out of acrylic, because I certainly can't afford much good yarn.

No comments: