Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pink on the Halfshell

I know what you're thinking. It's too cute for words, right? I'm actually pretty happy with the way this one turned out. I think I'll keep it for myself; it looks like something I might actually carry. The pattern is Chic on the Halfshell, by Drew Emborsky. I modified it a little, specifically the handle and the stripes (which were sc'd onto the back loops after the bag was finished. Total afterthought, but don't tell anybody.)
I usually don't go for purses with short handles - I'm a sucker for the always-convenient long shoulder strap - but this is cute. I won't carry it for an everyday purse, but whenever it matches my outfit. Don't I sound smart. ;P

1 comment:

Lupie said...

Did you read my mind! That was just what I was thinking! SOOOO cute!!!!!
I just printed out the pattern and will be starting it as soon as I can.
Thanks