Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy July!

I was up at 11:59 last night, typing on my laptop, ready to welcome in the new month. Making resolutions. Thinking philosophical thoughts. In only one month and... well, one month and about three weeks, I'll be going to my first ever college class. At Bob Jones. In Greenville. A place with many things I am currently without - trees. Flowers. Hills. Bodies of water. Mountains. A local yarn shop.

A few weeks ago, I was browsing Ravelry, specifically, lists of local yarn shops. That's when the wheels began rolling. Of course, there's no LYS - not even a Wal-Mart - in the dinky desert town where I live. We're lucky to have a supermarket. But, Greenville - Greenville harbors new options. Endless possibilities. So, I think: Let's Google "Greenville Yarn Shops"! It is a spark of genius. I run hastily to the nearest search engine, where I type in (with superhuman speed) the desired destination. And there it pops up. The Needle Tree. An actual yarn shop, with actual yarn. Nice yarn. Angora. Alpaca. Merino. Silk. Now, I have more than just landscaping and design classes to look forward to. I have fiber.

4 comments:

Alisha said...

Yay college! And yay real live yarn shops! I was unaware of the magic these places held until I finally set foot in one. I'm happy that you'll finally have a great resource!

A Homely Heroine said...

Ohh I love your banner, in fact you have a very, very nice blog here! Thank you for your comment, my new yarn purchases did make me smile for three days straight : )

Unknown said...

Good luck in school! You're blog looks very nice. Clean and simple :)

Jolynn said...

Woo Hoo! Yarn!! ^_^